Means Knaus Partners is strongly committed to positively impacting the environment. We are actively implementing practices across our entire portfolio in order to reduce the use of our planet’s precious natural resources. Building evaluations, benchmarking and continuing education are among the keys for long-term success in our green initiatives.
As part of our promise, each property within the Means Knaus portfolio will undergo Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design for Existing Buildings (LEED-EB) certification testing. This will help to establish programs that will reduce a property’s environmental impact and, where possible, allow the project to be LEED-EB certified. In addition, each project will be benchmarked and undergo Energy Star evaluation.
Means Knaus Partners is committed to—
- Reducing Electrical Consumption. Energy profiling, product education and up-to-date knowledge of building electrical-consumption operations will help meet our challenge of lowering electrical consumption by 30% within three years.
- Consciousness Among Providers. We will re-evaluate day-to-day property-management operations to ensure that our service providers are dedicated to “green service.” This will include janitorial, recycling, water treatment, landscaping and pest control. All other vendors will be similarly evaluated to ensure they are committed to providing green services and are using green products where possible.
- Green Tenant Improvements. Tenant improvements will be required to comply with LEED for Commercial Interiors (LEED-CI) standards.
- Water Efficiency. We will maximize fixture water efficiency within all buildings to reduce the burden on potable water supply and wastewater systems.
- Environmental Expertise Among Managers. All property managers and senior operations personnel will hold the LEED Professional Accreditation (LEED-AP), which empowers professionals with the knowledge and skills to successfully administer the LEED certification process.